Minutes: By Mrs. Clay. Participants: Forthcoming
Activity: Finish care bags for YWCA. Finished placing crayolas and paper. Katherine will deliver them ASAP.
Warm Project for Positive Tomorrows
*$100 supplies for blankets Ellie will deliver the blankets as she is going to serve at PT during the summer. She is waiting to get her drivers license.
* $150 donation from Special Gifts to Mrs. Clay Coach T. and Luke said they received the donation
* 80 placemats for Children's Hospital Aikman End Zone need to be delivered. Mrs. Clay will contact Luke to see who wishes to deliver the placemats
-National Volunteer Week
* $300 thank you all divisions, sage, kitchen, faculty, students, OK Centennial High School, Stanley Hupfeld Elementary, and Boys and Girls Club
*See reflective entry below
-Global Youth Service Day Activity
*Ends May 4th Facing Difference Challenge 1st graders, Oklahoma Centennial. Mrs. Clay will work next week with Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Fryer to send a small number of portrays via email. Oklahoma Centennial has raised $2,000 so far.
- Earth Day:
*Environmental Club will have a clean-up and OK Centennial High School has an ongoing invitation to work in their community garden on Fridays after school. Environmental Club will have a street clean-up in collaboration with the OKC Litter Blitz, Saturday, April 28th. Participants will meet at 8:30 am to get safety nets, gloves, and safety instructions.
1. Senior Send-Off: Ice cream and a small token of appreciation (Mrs. Clay, Ali and Katherine working at it)
2. Marathon Casady YAC Cheer Zone; Ava tried to get a group, but did not get many possible participants. YAC hopes to participate next year. Mrs. Clay will volunteer as usual at the Children's Run.
3. Strategic Planning 2018-2019: The first possible date for this is May 5th, at what time and where is TBD
* Youth and Government $100 help to pay for advisor stay at the State Conference from special gifts to Mrs. Clay
- YAC/Service-Learning Clubs
* Best Buddies $350 yearly dues for Service Learning Budget 2017-2018
* Positive Directions Mentors
* Youth LEAD OKC if anyone attends the Camp Anytown Training
4. Quail Ridge Assisted Living Facility: Invitation for lunch this Wednesday to create a program that teens will be interested in participating. Possibilities discussed: May activities that celebrate Older Americans Month like viewing a movie together at their theater and having a brief dialog after the movie.
Number and names of students attending: 1 John Renfro attended, A new possible project in the making, The Lunch Bunch
Faculty Sponsor Attending: Mrs. Clay