Go over Peace Week PP for teachers and make decisions for YAC involvement
Minutes by Mrs. Clay. Meeting started at 3;10 and ended at 4:40 pm on 8/21/2017, Mariam, Safra and Mrs. Clay participated
1. Next Peace Week Meeting: YAC will meet on Thursday 24 during Activities for 15 minutes to decide if we can commit to making 175 Pinwheels for the Primary Division and address the need to create a Peace Week Facilitators Team. The team will meet on Saturday, August 25th to finalize marketing materials. Meeting can be done via facetime or google hangout. Co-Presidents will send meet up to Planning Team. Mrs. Clay will send a Google calendar reminder because no club meetings will be announced at Chapel until after Clubs Fair We do not know when the Clubs Fair will take place yet
2. Peace Week Introduction at Chapel: Co-Presidents will make a YAC Peace Week 2017 PP Introduction on August 30th. Father Blizzard has been notified.
3. Global Peace Village Installation: YAC will install the Peace Village in different rooms instead of the Transept. Why? The Peace Village will be visited more by high school students. The decision followed observations in the past two years. YAC members will be responsible for supervising the Village in their buildings.
4. Peace Week Speakers: will be announced by YAC Planning Team and Club Presidents. Example: On Environment Day, there will be an Environmental Club walk around the lake carrying water jugs, shoeless. People who participate will have the opportunity to spray paint the rain barrels at the end of their walk. Why? Walk in the shoes of people who have to walk to provide daily drinking water.
If the speaker does not show up, YAC will present a video from the ones provided by Mrs. Clay in the Peace Week Teachers PP or one suggested by YAC officers and pre-approved by Father Blizzard. 5. Peace Week Marketing Materials: Ready by August 28th. Peace Week Team will work finalizing suggestions by Mrs. Clay the weekend of August 25-27
Dates to Remember Before Peace Week
1.. Introduction of Peace Week 2017 will be on August 30th.
2. September 8th, the S-L Program will have a VTS Speaker. VTS will help S-L raise awareness connecting the arts to community needs. Teachers who have been invited to participate at the chapel that day are Dr. Torres, Mr. Delgrosso, Mrs. Finley, Mrs. Clay, Dr. Wardrop, and Dr. Ebert. Labyrinth and Peace Sign will be drawn by Mr. Mark Coate this day.
International Day of Peace 9/21/2017 - Out of Uniform Peace T-shirt or Volunteer T-shirt
Early morning schedule for Peace Walk and Breakfast was met with reserved enthusiasm. We will prepare for 30 people and the Breakfast will be in the transept.
6:00 am Plant "Pinwheels at Peace sign and Labyrinth"
6:30 am Walk starts at Labyrinth and once around the lake
7:00 am Recipeace Breakfast by Sage at the Transept. Tables will invite people from opposing viewpoints seat across each other and have an attentive listening dialog of what they have in common.
7:45 am Blessing of Pinwheels and pieces of peace at Peace Sign
8:00 am Chapel
YAC will encourage Peace Walks at personal Times
United Nations Association of Oklahoma City Observance of Peace Week
6:00 pm Planting of Pinwheels at State Capitol
7:00 pm United Nations Observance of Peace Day at State Capitol Speakers
8:00 pm $15 per person Fundraising dinner for Good Sheppard's Free Clinic @ Gre
Around the World- Peace One Day 15 years Celebration of Peace Day Observance