1. Service Learning Brochure
2. YAC Brochure
3. YAC Calendar by Ahmed. Ahmed is also starting a mentoring program on Fridays during the school year with the Belle Isle Library. Great job with the calendar and the mentoring initiative!
4. YAC and YLOKCasady help with Faculty in-service at Food Bank August 16th. Safra, Mariam, Sharun checking schedules. 15 volunteers needed.
5. Help with service project for freshman orientation
The American Red Cross would have a project for your group of 90, 9th grade students on. What we would suggest is that the student assist us with assembling materials used for our "Home Fire Campaign" and Pillowcase Project"
More info can be found here
article/The-Pillowcase- Project-Helps-Kids-Get- Prepared-for-Emergencies This would be an indoor activity where your students would insert disaster recovery/prevention materials into the pillow cases and plastic bags .
We would also be able to talk to the students about the importance of being prepared for disasters.
Students and sponsors will rotate to 3 different rooms to get the full service and learning experience.
6. Peace Week 2017 Needs: Speakers, Experiences with supplies for observance and awareness. Service Projects during Peace Week. July 17th at Raindrop Turkish House, 6:00-7:00 pm United Nations Association of Greater Oklahoma City meet to plan the OKC UN Peace Walk at the Myriad Gardens on 9/9 as part of the Turkish Festival and 9/21 International Day of Peace Observance at the State Capitol through pinwheels for peace. YAC and YLOKC invited to participate in the meeting. Mrs. Clay will attend via speaker phone.
7. Best Buddies Update: Zac attended the yearly conference but is yet to reply a request to write a reflection of his experience for the Casady Community Service Learning Blog.
8. Stanley Hupfeld Academy at Western Village wrote a YSA grant to have special project during 9/11 connecting the mentoring program, Positive Horizons to veterans and teens as a unity project to observe 9/11 with acts of hope, compassion and service. Ford and Jacob were emailed updates.
9. YAC Invitational: Fedex Time-Strategic Planning Date and Time will be announced by Co-Presidents