Topics of the Meeting:
MLK day planning. Sign-up at http://www.signupgenius.com
Winter term agenda - personal projects? Miranda will be working on her project and will announce dates soon. The collection of winter clothing for Centennial High School.no follow-up from Katherine yer.
Spring term agenda and planning On parking lot until Monday: Student leaders were not at the meeting
Lunch with Mr. Rainbolt, need list of who and who isn't going Students signed-up at Harper. We hoped to have a quilt ready to give to Mr. Rainbolt, but due to snow day, we do not think we will have the quilt ready. We will deliver the quilt to him at a later date. Katherine and Saadia are working on a slide show of pictures to be played during the lunch. The PP will serve as a reflection of the year that was 2016.
Anything you would like to add!
1. Review of the offices and the schedule. Some officers have not sent their descriptions.
Pre: Works with VP (Has to have been in YAC for at least two years. Seniors or Juniors)
Vice: Works with P (Steps in for President if Pres. is unable to attend a meeting)
Secretary: Records notes on blog (Any grade)
Treasurer: Handle YAC funding from Fall Fest and decides where it goes (Junior or Senior)
Grade Reps/Grade Project Chairs: Persons the YAC member can go to with questions that van be brought up to the presidents or Mrs. Clay. They take care of advertising event in their buildings (2 per grade)Photograph/Social Media Manager: Takes pictures during events and meetings (any grade). Talks to Miss. Derrick about posting events on the Casady School Instagram. Works closely with the Secretary
Social Chairs: Brings snacks and celebrates birthdays. Also provides get to know each other multicultural activities. Students with these positions were not at the meeting. They will add to the description of this office Monday.
Calendar Manager: Sets up the calendar for year and updates it as needed. The officer was not at the meeting. Will follow up at a later YAC meeting.
2. Making a reflective PP of 2017 to share with Mr. Rainbolt. Katherine will get this started, but it will be nice to go over the blogs and get the pictures you all would like to share with Mr. Rainbolt as a review of the year. The PP will be silent. Saadia started working on this. We also know that Katherine was hoping to get started during the weekend.
3. MLK Day: Flyer, introduction of speaker, letter for the Courier. Isaiah and Omar took care of this. Isaiah created the flyer. He will announce the speaker tomorrow. Omar will announce the service opportunity on MLK Day at the Food Bank. Mrs. Clay and Katherine S. will write the letter for the Courier.
4. Quilt Project starts tomorrow. Goal: Make three quilts by the end of the school year. this project was created to give seniors an opportunity to serve on campus to finish their service requirement for graduation.
5. Kindness Week On parking lot
6. Scrapbook and Archives Project On parking lot
7. YAC brochure for 2017-2018 On parking lot
8. National Service Learning Conference- Reflection and Peace Week 2017
9. National Volunteer Week; Presidential Award, Global Youth Service Day Project
10. Mentoring Projects: Stanley Hupfeld and Best Buddies
Contact Mariam and I if you have questions!
Attended: Miranda, Isaiah, MiAngela, Omar, Mariam, Safra, Saadia, Ahmeed, Aaron, Mrs. Clay
There is a new sign-up sheet for January to June. Hours for YAC August to December were updated in files, transcript and report card.