Wednesday 6:00-2:00 (includes set-up and tear-down), Casady Wing Goal: Beat last year's results. Last year we had 35 donors and 42 screens http://casadycommunityservice-learning.blogspot.com/2015/12/reflect-on-yesterdays-mission-before_11.html. Sign up sheet and permission at Mrs. Linda Tucker's desk at the main office. Must be 16 to donate Bring ID and signed permission. Rest well the night before, hydrate, and have a good breakfast
1. Blood Drive Final Update Miranda and Isaiah
1. Blood Drive Final Update Miranda and Isaiah
2 Mr. Rainbolt's lunch moved to Tuesday, January 17 at Wing . Please sign up! Mr. Rainbolt is coming to hear your service and leadership stories, which he empowers we the funding he provides for YAC/Casady Service-Learning Program daily activities. Mrs. clay has the sign-up white board ready for interested students to sign-up
3. Projects Updates- Stanley Hupfeld - Erik Coach T. suggested Wednesdays during lunch and combining with Activities. Mrs. Clay stated that freshmen will really have to give up their out to lunch time!
- Best Buddies - Zac Did not attend
- Johnson Elementary track - Aaron Working on prices and in enrolling in Classroom with a Cause.
4. Project ProposalsMrs. Finley: Cyclones Picture Books Creations connected Did not attend
Luke Albert: YMCA Youth in Government The CEO of this program will speak at chapel on Thursday. Luke provided marketing materials.
Karoline Leonard: Centennial High School
"I wanted to talk to you about starting a new drive at our school! My youth group was recently asked to provide food for a banquet at Centennial High School here in Oklahoma City. The school's administration told us that the student body didn't have enough money to provide food for themselves. This made me feel terribly. If they don't have enough to provide for food, then how can they have enough money for winter clothes? Since most of the students must stand outside and wait for the bus every morning, they must get cold while waiting. I thought that maybe we could start a drive for winter coats or jackets, gloves or mittens, scarves, and even old boots. We as a student body is so blessed and we have so much that we can give. I want to help this school with any of their own needs. I will come and see you later on and we can have a meeting about it with YAC for support! Please feel free to email me back with any comments, questions, or concerns. I hope that this drive will work out so that we can help Centennial High School!"Miranda suggested to talk to coach T. to have this as a YAC drive for the month of January. Meanwhile, Mrs. Clay suggested to starting bringing winter clothing for high school age teens to the giving tree at Harper. Karoline will give more details at the next meeting, which might have to be after the break because Miranda was not sure if she was going to call on a meeting next week when Mrs. Clay will be away.
5. MLK Day Planning Team received the following ideas and possible adult supervisors Miranda suggested joining the MD and volunteering the Saturday before MLK Day! UPDATE: The Food Bank stated that they have opening for 40 volunteers on MLK Day. Isaiah decided that YAC will volunteer in the afternoon from 1:30-4:00. Mrs. Clay suggested to have a small competition related to MLK's Dream and the fact that some YAC members will be attending the National Service Learning Conference in California....Dress like a Disney character competition???? =)
- OKC Memorial and Museum Listening experience YAC?-Mrs. Clay will sponsor a this experience with Mrs. Small in order to have the thank you quilts for Casady administrators and Mr. Rainbolt.
Youth LEAD OKCasady did not embrace facilitating this experience
- Roots of Service T-shirt Quilt; Creating T-shirts as reflection on MLK legacy Mrs. Small
- MLK Video Marathon: YAC/Multicultural/International Clubs/History-Debaters-Mr Dema
*Our friend Martin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROracLAcRSc
*Eyes on the Prize Dr. Bishop owns the DVD's https://vimeo.com/11870714
*Freedom Riders http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/freedomriders/watch
*Ruby Bridges- Disney Movie
*Selma Dr. Bishop owns the Movie
*Selma, Lord, Selma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsOCcuhZB_k
*Bully, the documentary trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCM5bRXl-k
*Pay it Forward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlZDDACt8Nw Mr. Rainbolt donated the movie to Casady Service-Learning
The Long Walk Home Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8_FTOO5iZQ
- International Dance Studio Project Proposal Mrs. Hazel
Mira, he pensado en como se podria hacer un dia de comunidad, y que te parece un dia en el estudio en darle un nuevo look en la area del teatro? Asi los chicos pueden hacer un design de como quisieran ellos cambiarle el look en el area del stage. A los chicos les gust ser creativos y sentirse que ellos han colaborado y contribuido en un proyecto, especialmente si es para la comunidad. Avisame y asi lo planeamos. Despues de las horas de colaboracion se les puede proyectar una movie y se les puede dar popcorn :)
- Students Rebuild Youth Uplift A project for all ages at Harper-Gabrielle and Mallory Mrs. Bush
- Saturday before MLK Day- Regional Food Bank day with the MD Mrs. Omelia
- Proposals from the floor Student leaders need to provide adult facilitator with their proposal
6. Reflection on the reverse side of sign-in sheets. Please staple poems
Reflect, Connect and describe your personal participation and impact on you and the community that benefited in below projects facilitated by YAC and explain what makes you say that
a. Peace Week Peace Silhouettes
An Oklahoma Standard Peace Experience
b. Clubs Fair (freshmen and all grades)
Fall Fest Experience
b. Casady Cans Do Food Drive
After School at Boys and Girls Club Experience
c. Youth LEAD Camp Classen Retreat Training
d. ICS Hope for the Holidays Drive
Thank you so much to all that participated and helped with the Hope for the Holidays Donation Drive. It was a huge success, and the generosity displayed was simply incredible. One girl, a Primary Division student, used all of the money she made this summer at a lemonade stand to buy a box of diapers bigger than she was. As promised, the results have been tallied and the Sophomores came in first place, winning an out-to-lunch and an out-of-uniform. The Juniors came in second, followed by a tie of Faculty, Seniors, and Freshman for third. Thank you so much to all that helped bring a wonderful holiday season to children in need!