Sign-up to bring snacks for the rest of the year!
YAC Tea Time!
1. Cathy: Minutes of last meeting. No minutes because there was no meeting and Cathy was unable to attend December 1st meeting
2. Aubrey and Dylan: Blood Drive, additional YAC Logo created by Fiona
Posters and permission slips passed out. Concerns about people passing out at chapel were raised. Aubrey asked all students to take posters and place them around campus.
No discussion of Fiona's logo, but Grace will follow up and update. Grace also presented Mrs. Clay request of YAC members bringing special snacks to celebrate the holidays for the next two meetings.
3. Johnny. Cathy, and Grace: Placemats for Children's Hospital
Most members present work on the placemats. Mrs. Clay asked the leadership to decide when we will delivered them and to consider inviting as many members to attend. Perhaps go after the delivery to do a fun activity together... Hot chocolate was one suggestion.
4. Isaiah and Miranda: MLK Day
discussed, more details forthcoming. We have a house, possibly Mr. Pena as a sponsor. Since the job will be for 30 people painting the exterior of the house
5. Katherine: ICS Hope for the Holidays
discussed. Katherine needs 2 members to volunteer at the LD, daily this week and PD next week. Dylan signed up for every day. The assignment is in the morning before chapel. Volunteers will be excused from Chapel and they will get service hours
6. YAC Membership: New items. None presented
7. Mrs. Clay: ON PARKING LOT
-Global Giving Games, Youth and Schools Play it Forward 12/1-12/11.
Select a Mission Below!-Service Learning Requirement,Seniors/Freshmen.
-December hours reflection,
-Promotional brochure and video,
-National Volunteer Week, Presidential Awards,
-May Recognition Event,
-May Strategic Planning